Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving in the light of the day

This blog isn't going to be one that offers much in the way of advise. I just kind of feel the need to do a bit of personal introspection.  Everyone has heard someone say to them "count your blessings" and this year I have more to be thankful for than in many others past. 
So here is my list:

I am still breathing.
I believe that God is aways looking after me and my loved ones. (even if sometimes I forget to thank him until after I am forced to remember that...sorry about that God)
My family is healthy.

My kids do not get into trouble.
I have managed to keep a roof over our heads.
I have more than enough food on the table.
I have good clothing and shoes.
I have a two jobs that I enjoy (and I am starting a new one on Monday),
I have a dream and a goal that I am working towards.
I have transportation.
I have friends that care about me. I made a lot of new friends this year and rekindled friendships of years past.
I have my pets.
I have a places to go where people like me and are glad to see me,
I get the chance to help people and sometimes I even get paid for that.
I still have most of  my teeth and some of my hair.
I still can carry a tune and people seem to enjoy listening.
I get to hold a baby once in a while.
I have faith that I am where I am supposed to be at this time in my life no matter what hardships are being thrown at me.

I am sure that given more time I could expand on this list but for now I am satisfied with it.  Thursday, I will be together with most of my loved ones.  I plan on reading this list out loud at the dinner table.
I pray that all of you dear readers are whole and healthy too.

Namaste
Roch

1 comment:

  1. You are one of the dearest hearts I know. Please count me as one of the friends who care about you. Now I've got to hear you sing. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
    Love,
    Lynda Malerstein

    ReplyDelete